There isn’t a more beautiful city for a waterfront or waterside wedding ceremony than Seattle, Washington.
If you are being married in the Emerald city and are searching for a sweet and exquisite location or venue for your wedding ceremony, you have an amazing array of possibilities.
Having worked at hundreds of wedding venues in the greater Seattle area, here are 6 well known and little known favorite locations for a ceremony overlooking the water or on the water.
1) Gasworks Park – Gasworks Park, the site of Seattle’s annual popular 4th of July bash is a favorite waterfront location for wedding ceremonies of all shapes and sizes. Young couples particularly like Gasworks Park because it has a hip and fun vibe that translates well to an off-beat wedding or less traditional ceremony. Contact The Seattle Parks and Recreation Department for more information and to obtain a permit to hold your wedding ceremony at Gasworks Park.
2) Hamilton Viewpoint Park – Known by locals in West Seattle, Hamilton Viewpoint Park offers high bluff killer views for a couple who wants to get hitched with a panoramic view of The Space Needle and downtown Seattle in the background. This is a small neighborhood park and suited for a small to medium size ceremony. What’s terrific about this park is that there are a variety of wonderful reception venues nearby which makes the transition from ceremony to reception extra easy. Like Gasworks Park above, contact the city’s Park and Recreation for information and a permit.
3) The Woodmark Hotel – For an elegant, higher-end and absolutely magnificent waterfront venue, consider the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland for your wedding. This beautiful hotel is on the shore of Lake Washington and is perfect for a small ceremony in a suite overlooking the water or perfect for a big bash in the hotel’s waterside tent.
4) Richmond Saltwater Beach Park – Like Hamilton Viewpoint Park above, Richmond Saltwater Beach Park is a hidden gem located in the neighborhood of Shoreline. It has a unique advantage in that it offers both high bluff possibilities for your wedding ceremony as well as a beach location to exchange your vows. Contact the City of Seattle’s Park and Recreation Department for information and a permit.
5) The Edmonds Senior Center – A wedding at a Senior Center? Absolutely! The Edmonds Senior Center is located on the waterfront of Edmonds, WA, which is just a hop and a skip from downtown Seattle. The Senior Center offers a fun and casual space for a wedding day that is all about family, beach activities and comfort. You’ve got to check this place out for a very affordably priced waterfront wedding ceremony option!
6) Beaver Lake Lodge – Across the lake from downtown Seattle in the city of Issaquah is a hidden gem for a wedding ceremony and celebration called The Beaver Lake Lodge. Overlooking a neighborhood lake, this gorgeous lodge built with logs, offers a truly Northwest feel for a wedding ceremony, whether small or big, casual or formal.
Annemarie Juhlian is a Wedding Officiant, Minister & Celebrant in Seattle, Washington and has been to hundreds of venues and locations for a wedding ceremony and celebration in the Greater Seattle area. Annemarie creates personalized wedding ceremonies for couples of all faiths and traditions. Take a peak at Annemarie: www.elopeseattlestyle.com or call 425. 922.1325