So, how do you get married during Covid 19, if you live in Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Snohomish, any part of the Puget Sound or Washington State?
Under the Governor’s order in Washington State, ‘no weddings’ right now.
Yes, the Marriage License offices are issuing marriage licenses and they are recording them. This is what they do.
The best guidance on what is allowed during the State’s shelter-in-place order (from the Governor’s Office and King County Executive’s office) is no weddings.
So, if the two of you desire to get all hitched up, and you live anywhere in Washington State, or want to travel here to do so, what do you do?
You wait until May 4th for updated guidance, when the Governor hopefully lifts the ‘no wedding order.’ My hope is that this ‘no wedding’ restriction will be lifted, allowing a roll-out of small weddings (5 people: Officiant, Couple and 2 Witnesses).
And with this, if you don’t yet have a valid Washington State Marriage License, you can secure one from any County. The offices aren’t open right now, so you have to do everything the old fashioned way.
If you have questions, if I can be helpful. I am here. Once the stay-at-home order is lifted, I am fully available to officiate for you…
Note on March 27, 2020: This is a crazy time for sure.
My heart is with my couples who are re-scheduling their Springtime Seattle area elopements and tiny weddings for this Summer and Fall.
If you are seeking to elope and/or be married in a sweet and intimate ceremony with 10 guests or less, somewhere beautiful in the Puget Sound area, I look forward to your inquiry/note.
If I can be helpful in any way, I am here.
Annemarie, 425 922 1325
You are engaged and you’re thinking of the wild side, a sweet Seattle/Tacoma (or Washington State!) elopement. I’m with you.
While I love weddings of all sizes and shapes, I feel so fortunate to be with a couple during the most cherished of moments, an intimate wedding ceremony for two…with perhaps a couple of witnesses or a small group.
As you plan to be married in 2020 in Washington State, I am here to be helpful to you. I work with couples of all faiths and traditions and love an elopement that is truly about two beautiful people, doing it ‘their way.’
For more information, I invite you to my bigger website, www.marriedbyannemarie.com.
Or, pick up the phone and call me at 425 922 1325. E
Email is also good and I can be reached on this site via the Contact page.
Here is to the two of you, in 2020!
Seattle is a very popular destination for couples who want a sweet and intimate wedding ceremony, often a sweet ceremony for ‘2,’ and/or with just a few of their best people.
As you ponder the possibility of eloping to/around Seattle, from somewhere nearby, or perhaps thousands of miles away, here are a few tips to help you figure things out.
- Finalize a Date and Secure a Location. In the Winter and Spring, the weather in the Puget Sound is hugely unreliable. So while it may sound romantic to be married outdoors, if it’s too cold or crazy rain, this oftentimes makes things challenging or uncomfortable. Figure out a Plan and a Plan B (indoor/outdoor).
- Marriage License. You need to secure a valid Washington State Marriage License from any County in Washington State. Happily, your license can be used in any County within the State. There is a 3-day waiting period from the date of issue. And you’ll need 2 witnesses, over the age of 18. If you don’t have witnesses, ask me.
- A Special Overnight. Many of my couples like to snuggle into a bed and breakfast, small boutique hotel or even an opulent downtown Seattle hotel for a night or two. Ask me about my favorites.
- Bring Fido! I’m an animal lover and I love it so much when a couple brings their beloved pooch, as part of their wedding day. Many of our lovely hotels throughout the Puget Sound are incredibly pet friendly. Woof!
- Remember Your Values. A small and intimate ceremony, a ceremony for ‘2,’ or a ceremony and celebration for a dozen, is all about what is important to the two of you as a couple. Follow your hearts, capture your day with beautiful photos, have FUN and focus on creating moments and memories.