Seattle is a very popular destination for couples who want a sweet and intimate wedding ceremony, often a sweet ceremony for ‘2,’ and/or with just a few of their best people.
As you ponder the possibility of eloping to/around Seattle, from somewhere nearby, or perhaps thousands of miles away, here are a few tips to help you figure things out.
- Finalize a Date and Secure a Location. In the Winter and Spring, the weather in the Puget Sound is hugely unreliable. So while it may sound romantic to be married outdoors, if it’s too cold or crazy rain, this oftentimes makes things challenging or uncomfortable. Figure out a Plan and a Plan B (indoor/outdoor).
- Marriage License. You need to secure a valid Washington State Marriage License from any County in Washington State. Happily, your license can be used in any County within the State. There is a 3-day waiting period from the date of issue. And you’ll need 2 witnesses, over the age of 18. If you don’t have witnesses, ask me.
- A Special Overnight. Many of my couples like to snuggle into a bed and breakfast, small boutique hotel or even an opulent downtown Seattle hotel for a night or two. Ask me about my favorites.
- Bring Fido! I’m an animal lover and I love it so much when a couple brings their beloved pooch, as part of their wedding day. Many of our lovely hotels throughout the Puget Sound are incredibly pet friendly. Woof!
- Remember Your Values. A small and intimate ceremony, a ceremony for ‘2,’ or a ceremony and celebration for a dozen, is all about what is important to the two of you as a couple. Follow your hearts, capture your day with beautiful photos, have FUN and focus on creating moments and memories.