You’re getting married in Seattle, Washington or elsewhere in Washington State and need a valid marriage license.
Here is your mini and quick “how to” guide to obtaining your marriage license – this applies to Seattle or any County in Washington State.
1) Contact the Marriage License Bureau or Department of any County in Washington State. You may do this by phone or check requirements on the web.
2) To secure your license, you will need to apply in person. You may also apply for your license via phone and mail and arrange to pick-up your license. License fees vary by County and average $60-66. If applying for your license in-person, you both need to show up and be 18 years or older. County requirements vary a bit if you are applying for a license long distance so please contact the County of your choice. No blood test required.
3) Once you have your license in hand, it’s good for 60 days from the date it is issued. Also, please remember there is a 3-day waiting period from the date of issue – meaning, you have to wait 3 days to get hitched/married from the date the license is valid.
King County Marriage License: http://www.kingcounty.gov/courts/marriage.aspx
Snohomish County Marriage License: http://www1.co.snohomish.wa.us
Piece County Marriage License: http://www.piercecountywa.org
- Mark & Juanita ~ Eloping To The Washington Coast!
The Washington Coast is a remarkable, brilliantly beautiful and “out-of-the-way” place for a small/intimate wedding ceremony or elopement!
Mark and Juanita flew in from Colorado and with their closest friends/family, we hiked down to the water’s edge on a chilly Monday morning. The fog was rolling in, the air was crisp, every was dressed to kill ~ it was just a remarkable and memorable moment.
If you are seeking a gorgeous place oceanside, check out Ruby Beach on the Washington Coast – it’s a spectacular and hidden location/venue!
- Claire & Dennis ~ JM Cellars, Woodinville
If you are coming to the Seattle area for your small and intimate wedding ceremony, let me help you with details that a “local would know!”
As you plan your wedding day, I am happy to provide referrals and recommendations for your ceremony site, hotel stay, activities and fun adventures, celebration meal(s) and even a fabulous make-up/hair person and florist!
Each year, I work with couples who are planning their wedding ceremony and celebration from afar ~ and if you are, don’t be shy about asking me for my best resources and recommendations – budget thru the most lavish!
- Chris & Stephanie ~ Gasworks Park, Seattle, WA
Chris and Stephanie were married near the water at Seattle’s Gasworks Park, surrounded by an intimate group of family and friends.
Gasworks Park is one of many Seattle parks that give couples lots of choices for a small wedding ceremony and/or elopement.
And look at the smiles at the right ! This was after a boat filled with couple cheered at the end of Chris and Stephanie’s ceremony ~ and came to the edge of the grass to give the couple a bottle of wine!
My best to you, Chris & Stephanie!